Saturday, May 17, 2008

Spring is here!!


We are at almost 18 hours of sunlight a day and temps in the upper 50's!!! Bob's mom left a week ago after her first visit to Alaska. She had a great time, I think. She saw her first moose, ate some great Halibut and enjoyed our local pizza hangout, The Moose's Tooth.


Ashley, our youngest daughter, is now here visiting. She made us hike down behind the house tonight. We decided to hike down to the river and actually almost made it, until Ash and I heard some noise in the woods in front of us! We weren't sure what it was, but it made a noise loud enough to stop us in our tracks. Not one of us was willing to take the chance to find out what it was, so we just changed the direction of our hike and walked a different route......very quickly!!!


We had the bear mace, but good grief! I'm afraid if a brown or black bear was heading my way, I would probably not be able to take the time to remember how to use the stuff and would end up shooting myself!!!!


Either way, we had a great time enjoying the nice weather. The pic to the left is Ash and I behind our house at 9:00 p.m. Notice the sun is still bright!!!!! Love the sun!

1 comment:

GLong said...

I love your website but then I hate your website. The reason is that I go to your website and I read about how ya'll are doing up there and then I don't need to email or IM you guys! Does that make sense?